The idea of barricading one’s property for some exclusivity is not a new one. Be it public offices, banks or schools, every piece of property likes to have a demarcation for security and privacy reasons. Barricades are also required for restricting the entry of people into certain areas. It could be due to many reasons. To name a few, maintenance, construction, damages, fresh paints, VIP access etc. There are various ways of barricading a place. However, one of the major concerns while putting barricades is its appearance. It should not be just another contraption on the middle of the road. It should be a visually appealing piece of architecture. They should of course be strong and durable or else it would not solve their purpose.
There are various types of blockades available these days. Affordable concrete wheel stops tend to stand out amongst all the different types of available barricades. These are nothing grand but normal vertical posts that can be used as a barricade. The beauty of these posts is in the fact that they can be molded according to individual requirements. They can serve as security installations as well as can add aesthetic sense to a piece of architecture. These are ideal for every blockading purpose.
The functions of such posts are:
- They can be used to earmark prohibited areas.
- They can be installed for traffic diversion.
- They can be used to prevent unwanted entry into someone’s premises.
- They can be put to prevent vehicles from being parked at certain places.
- They come in very handy for the purpose of traffic control.
These posts can be used for decorative purposes as well. Beautifully designed posts, can serve the purpose of enhancing the architectural beauty of a place. They can be created in different shapes and designs to accentuate or enhance the landscape of an area. Also, there are posts that have the facility of attaching a light source to it. This can be done for the purpose of providing ambient lighting, for adding prominence to a post or simply lighting the surrounding area. Thus the benefits of installing these posts are manifold.
However, there are a few things that should be kept in mind while deciding upon the right kind of post.
- It should be of a very strong quality like stainless steel, if being installed for security.
- For decorative purpose, something lighter like cast aluminium with powder coat shall suffice.
- The area where the post is going to be placed. Sensitive areas need strongly built posts.
- Be absolutely sure about the size and style of the post.
- Should be easy to maintain.